When we started working on our preps, a wedding coordinator or reception host were not really a priority for both of us. We were trying to keep our budget to a minimum so we initially thought of just delegating the OTD wedding preps & needs to family and friends since they're all open to helping out. As for the host, H2B mentioned that his brother was invited to host a wedding by his UP Mindanao friends so we thought we could just ask H2B's brother to host the reception for us. But as the weeks went by, the more in depth the wedding preps became, the more I saw the need to get an OTD coord. I just want a simple wedding but we want it to be well-executed and timed. I know our family and friends wouldn't mind helping us for the OTD tasks but I figured I'd rather have them at ease during our wedding and let the experts do what they do best. :)
We were already considering the team that our officiating minister referred to us. When we met our minister at my grandmother's birthday, he gave us the card of the team he knew from his home church but I didn't reach out to them because I wanted to check first what the other coord teams have to offer and my target date for booking an OTD team was still on the first week of August. I was able to meet that team by chance when we were at Richgold's FT event. I visited their booth and they gave me their flyer. They were even familiar with my mother who was with me that time because she frequently visits their church for her women's group activities. Sadly, when I checked their packages and rates, I found out that they were way out of our budget. :( I really wanted to book them because they work with our minister often, but we just couldn't spare the extra cash and I didn't want to ask for a discount and use the "magkakilala naman" tactic. I'm not saying it's wrong to do so. I'm just not comfortable with that kind of approach so I started looking for other OTD coords.
In my search of coords, one of the teams that I usually come across in the W@W group and GT forums is Imbitado Events. I've been reading a lot of good reviews about them so I inquired with Ms. Ayie about their services. To my surprise, I learned that their OTD coordination+hosting was only at 16k, which is significantly lower than the quotes I get from other suppliers for their OTD coordination service. I tried to look for other coords who can provide the same services that Imbitado gives, but all the other teams I asked a quote for was around 15k+. After a week of debating with myself and seeing how quickly Imbitado's slots were being taken, I finally decided to ask Ms. Ayie to pencil book our date on Saturday and I paid the very reasonable DP on Monday morning. :)
I wanted to personally meet Ms. Ayie and her team but she said that they won't be in any bridal fairs soon due to their hectic schedule and that they are based in Malabon so setting a meet-up will be difficult for both of us since I live in the south and I work weeknights. But as I've told her, I do trust the abundance of good reviews for her team online and it's not a priority at the moment since we still have a long way to go with our preps. I hope to meet her soon to discuss our plans and ask her opinions about anything wedding related because she seems so accommodating and nice. :) And yes, it's true that she responds almost immediately to inquiries. :) I like that a lot. :D
Yay!
Contact Details:
Ayie Contreras-Tuates
0917-646-5779 - globe
0925-577-2943 - sun
inquire@imbitadoevents.com

No comments:
Post a Comment