Friday, July 18, 2014

M Catering: Food Tasting #2

Our AE for M Catering, Katrina, mentioned that they'll be having a Food Tasting event at Oasis and since we haven't seen their buffet set-up yet, we asked if we could come and thankfully, pumayag naman siya. :)


This is the basic sample table set-up we were seated at. The other table had a black theme which was prettier and matched our theme (Black & White) but I wasn't able to take a picture. :( Katrina said that this was the kind of set-up included in our package but when we initially met with their events manager, she didn't make any mention of a basic set-up so we're trying to haggle if we can get the upgraded one even if we get a minimal version of it because we really liked the couple's area in the upgraded set-up. Hopefully, pumayag sila. :) *cross-fingers*

For this FT event, we brought along H2B's mother and little sister naman. :)

Ham & Cheese Croquettes (2.5)
The ratio of filling-breading was on point with this one. I didn't get a bit of ham in the croquette I had but it still tasted good nonetheless.

Nacho Chips with Tomato Cilantro Salsa (3)
Still a 3. I'm glad that H2B's sister and mother like salsa too. :)

Roasted Pumpkin Soup (4)
I got a picture of the soup finally! H2B's favorite dish from M. Even with the buffet style of service, the taste of the soup was still the same rich and tasty soup we had during our initial FT with them. I know the soup's color may seem a little bright to some but that's because it also has carrots which add depth and flavor to this. :)

Penne with Chicken in Smoked Tomato Cream Sauce (2.5)
H2B and I had different opinions about this. He said he liked it a lot but I found it a little bland. I prefer their puttanesca.

Sauteed Herb Vegetables (3)
The taste wasn't overpowering and the veggies were seasoned well.

Braised Beef with Mushroom Sauce (4.5)
THIS! SO. GOOD. We've had beef dishes from other caterers but this one hit the mark on all points. The meat was so tender you could pull it apart with a spoon and the sauce complemented it nicely. I love this. <3

Hickory Pork Belly (3)
One thing I like about M Catering is how well they cook and season their meats. Always tender and not tough or hard to chew. The sauce was kind of sweet but I didn't mind.

Chicken Teriyaki (3)
I'm not a fan of bone-in chicken especially in a buffet kind of service but I still enjoyed this dish.

Parmesan Crusted Fish with Mango and Red Bell Pepper Salsa (3)
I said in a previous post that I didn't like fried dishes for buffets but this was well-executed. The fish wasn't overcooked or soggy and the salsa was a light and refreshing accompaniment to it.

The Buffet Set-Up

My plate. No rice. ;)

Mixed Fruits and Greens with Peach Dressing (3)
It was more of a dessert than a salad because it was mostly fruits but it was still refreshing and a good palate-cleanser.

The Dessert Station with Chocolate Mousse (4) and Key Lime Pie (4).
During our initial FT, I wasn't impressed with the desserts they served us but they certainly made up for that with these yummy confections. :D Chocolate Mousse is an item commonly served but seldom done well and this was certainly one of the good kinds out there. The little sister said she liked this best. :) The Key Lime Pie was H2B's preferred dessert because of the sweet-chewy crust. I don't think it was how a Key Lime Pie should taste like but it was still a good dessert regardless.

Mango Tapioca (3)
A sweet and refreshing ending to a filling feast. :)

Final thoughts: We've been to 5 other caterers and we still do not regret booking M. :D Their dishes are just so good!

5 comments:

  1. do you still have their packages? can you send to shannabaniel@yahoo.com TIA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi please send me theit packages as well. cmelanza@aol.com thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi faith!

    Your blog is an inspiration to choose M Catering as our caterer for our wedding. Thank you so much!

    So what freebie did you choose? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi veronica, that's great to know! :)
      we actually got them via package with Oasis Manila so there really wasn't a "freebie" but they were very kind to include our garden ceremony setup for free. :D
      and we booked them when they were very new in the wedding scene so i guess that's one of the reasons they were so generous with us.
      if you have any questions/clarifications you can email me at f8_78@yahoo.com. i'd love to read more about your wedding preps. :)

      Delete