We got invites for Richgold's FT event when we went to the Themes & Motifs bridal fair last June 28 and since my mother has been asking me constantly "kung kailan ko daw sila isasama sa FT," I brought my parents to Eton Centris to attend the FT.
Side note: For all FT events, h2b and I always try to be there about 5-10 minutes before the designated start time to make sure that we are one of the first guests to arrive so that we get to be accommodated and seated first and also to avoid the crowd that's sure to arrive an hour later.
Richgold had seated service that day and they had their basic reception set-up with different themes per table. Their current basic set-ups were all about seasons: Travel, Winter, Spring, Summer, Autumn.
I wanted to take clearer pictures of the food but the colored lights were too prominent so all the photos have a pinkish hue. :|
The table we were seated had the "Winter" theme.
Clam Chowder (3)
Their soup was creamy and tasty. It had a lot of veggies and bits of seafood too.
Blue Lemonade (2)
(They did not give us a menu list so I'm just going to describe some of the dishes as best as I can. :D)
Clockwise from top: It was some kind of pork tonkatsu with sauce and sesame seeds (2). Hidden under the fried lumpia wrapper was a saucy beef dish (2). Lumpia with Deep-Fried Wrapper (2.5). Grilled Cream Dory with Mango Salsa (3), Penne with a cream-based sauce and chicken.
The pork was overcooked and tough. I don't really find it a good idea to serve fried meats on buffets because they have a tendency to get tough and soggy before service. The beef was actually good, unfortunately, h2b found a strand of coarse hair on his piece of beef (turn-off!). I sorta liked the lumpia but any one can buy a lumpia that tastes like this almost anywhere. The fish was my favorite dish overall. It was cooked and seasoned well. The mango salsa was good. The pasta dish was ok but it was unreasonably spicy. I have a high tolerance for spicy dishes but I won't serve something that some of my guests may find too spicy for their palates.
Fruits with Cream & I think some bits of chiffon cake in it (2). Bread Pudding (1). Creme Brulee (1.5)
Nothing special about the fruits and cream. Just a plain palate cleanser. The bread pudding was TOO HEAVY. Difficult to eat too because the bread was so dense. I even told my mother, "mas masarap ka pa gumawa ng bread pudding dito Ma." The Creme Brulee was grainy. Not smooth at all and the serving size was a measly teaspoonful.
Final thoughts: The food was so-so but they sure do include a lot of freebies in the package. I think they offered us free lechon, candy buffet station, hotel accommodations, etc. But then again, food is our priority so we'll pass on this.
Contact Details:
| inquiry@richgoldweddings.com |
| (+632) 4156887 |





No comments:
Post a Comment