Monday, September 1, 2014

HMUA: Makeup By MV Balo

I've already posted about getting the BHD P/V+HMUA package but I think it's a good idea to post a separate entry about MV Balo's work. I wasn't able to meet MV when we visited their home office but based on her online portfolio, nagustuhan ko naman yung mga gawa nya.
First off, I do not wear make-up. I don't even groom my eyebrows and the most amount of effort I put in fixing myself up is just applying face powder and a tinted lip conditioner and only for VERY special occasions. I can still appreciate good make-up that's applied correctly though. I'm not a fan of "prettifying" myself but I do enjoy analyzing faces and checking out make-up techniques. I've inquired with a couple of MUA's who gave me good prices for their services but the BHD package was just too good to pass up.
Here are the HMUA services that I'll be getting from them:
- Hair & Traditional Makeup for the Prenup pictorial with touch-ups and 2nd-3rd look
- Hair & Airbrush Makeup for the Wedding with 2nd look for reception
- Grooming for the groom on Prenup & Wedding
- Hair & Traditional Makeup for 3 entourage heads
If the package only included bridal makeup for the prenup & wedding, I would've thought twice about it but the additional hair & makeup for 3 heads was just the icing to a very delectable cake. :D
As for her work, I've read a lot of good feedback from her on GT and I like the ones she has posted on IG (http://instagram.com/makeupbymvbalo). I prefer makeup that gives off an "enhanced" look and not the kind that sort of "alters" the face. Parang di ko kase masyadong bet yung dating na sobrang ganda nung "after" photo pero sobrang layo din sa "before" photo. I like it clean, simple and polished... the same way I want my whole wedding day to be. ;)
Also, as mentioned in a previous post, it's really a major plus for me that they live very near our place. Add to that na she works in the same company as my cousin. Parang ang stalker ko lang. Haha! Pero pag nakakabasa kase ako ng horror stories na tipong di na ma-contact si supplier at naglaho ng parang bula eh mas nakakampante ako pag alam ko kung san pwede puntahan at kausapin yung mga suppliers namin. :)

Recent B&A samples from MV's IG:


No comments:

Post a Comment